- To work with multicultural and diverse groups, who serve people with dementia, and their families and to provide them with dementia-specific training and on-going support to better serve their clients.
- To build inclusive relationships whereby our services and programs are accessible
to all residents of Toronto.
- Staff and community members who work directly with people with dementia,
- People with dementia, their families, or caregivers.
Customized training and support to suit the needs of each agency and its clients.
- Introductory workshops on Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, covering the nature of the disease, its progression and fundamentals such as getting a diagnosis, immediate and future care options, and accessing existing supports and services in the community.
- Interactive workshops on how to counsel individuals and family members throughout the course of the disease. These workshops highlight issues such as family concerns, caregiver stress, placement, etc.
- Customized workshops on dementia specific topics.
- Dementia information tool kits tailored to staff needs.
- Other information resources such as: printed materials, videos and DVDs in languages other than English, or in different formats such as large print.
- On-going consultation and support for staff and community members.
For further information please contact:
Alzheimer Society of Toronto
Access dementia related materials in different languages on our website.